< All news
Nutrien announces the Nutrien Sustainable Youth Trip 2020 to Kenya!
CHANGE-MAKERS. YOUNG LEADERS. GO-GETTERS. WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU!
We’re looking for young leaders who have taken measurable actions toward making an impact in their local and global communities.
Nutrien Sustainable Agriculture Youth Trip recipients will:
- Travel to Kenya on a ME to WE trip from August 3-14, 2020.
- Contribute to sustainable agriculture programming by volunteering in rural WE Villages communities.
- Develop valuable leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Connect with other young people who are passionate about global issues.
- Learn about agriculture and food security while working alongside community members and contribute to a sustainable development project using the WE Grow Together and Journey 2050 education resources.
- Connect with families in rural villages, dive into a vibrant culture, learn Swahili and go on a safari!
- Meet local students and learn about their day-to-day life in a farm community in Narok County
- Participate in hands-on workshops and learn about agriculture and food security issues in Kenya, as they experience them themselves.
Eligible applicants must:
- be age 13 to 18, at the time of the application deadline. (March 20, 2020)
- have a passport that is valid through February 14, 2021, and able to travel internationally
- be a resident of Canada, the United States or Trinidad & Tobago
- demonstrate a commitment to global issues or community volunteerism
- have a special interest in sustainable agriculture
- be able to take care of incidental costs, such as travel insurance, vaccinations, transit visas (if applicable) and valid passports
Trip recipients will learn firsthand about sustainable development and bring the spirit of global citizenship back to their schools and communities. 14 youth will be chosen to participate in this program.
The application deadline is March 20, 2020 by 11:59:59pm ET. Students apply online: https://www.we.org/en-CA/our-work/we-schools/we-grow-together